Returns, Refunds & Warranty Policy
1. This policy sets out the returns, refund and warranty policy for goods or services purchased through the online store operated by ukPrinterStore Ltd.
2. To be eligible for a return, your item must be unused and in the same condition that you received it, and it must be in the original packaging.
3. Some types of goods are exempt from being returned for a refund where they are perishable (e.g. food, flowers, newspapers, magazines) or where they are intimate or sanitary goods (like underwear), or where they are hazardous materials or flammable liquids or gases.
4. Other types of services cannot be returned for a refund, for example where the service begins as soon as you make the payment (e.g. a downloadable software product) or a gift card or gift wrapping service
5. Under the Consumer Contracts Regulations, if you change your mind about a purchase you have made within 14 working days after the date of delivery, you are entitled to a full refund of the original purchase price for the goods or services you wish to return, and the original postage and packaging charges made. You will not be entitled to a refund of the cost you incur in returning the item to us. However if goods are returned having been used or damaged reserve the right to impose a restocking fee subject to the condition or usage of the returned goods.Please Note: This policy only applies to purchases made by individual consumers and not by or on behalf of a business.
For Business Customers (we would classify any delivery to a business address to be a Business Customer) if you wish to cancel or reject your order, you must contact us for a returns number within 14 days of receiving the goods. If this is the case, the goods must be returned with their original packaging and unopened. You will have a further 14 days from your initial notification to return the goods to us. Goods must be returned at your own cost and risk and must be received in the original condition as they were delivered to you. Your payment will be refunded as soon as possible after the goods are returned to us. We will deduct the original shipping costs from any refund and reserve the right to impose a restocking fee subject to the condition or usage of the returned goods.
6. Our standard returns policy entitles you to a full refund of the purchase price and postage and packaging charges if you change your mind (i.e. the goods or services provided are not faulty or were not described properly) within 14 working days. This covers both new and refurbished equipment.
7. New equipment - All new machines are covered by the individual manufacturer warranty, which varies dependant on the type of machine. Any faults after 30 days from purchase must be logged directly with the manufacturer. This covers all new products from HP, Canon, XYZ and Craftunique. If a fault develops within 30 days of delivery we may, dependant on the manufacturer's policy offer a replacement unit or on site/off site repair.
Any hardware failure or damage caused by the user will not be covered under the warranty.
Refurbished HP LaserJet printers include a 12 month on-site repair warranty. The service covers rectification of hardware failure to restore the printer to the configuration and functionality that existed prior to the failure. An engineer will normally attend on-site within 24 to 48 hours of a fault call being logged. (Monday to Friday) For printer with a fault within 30 days of delivery, at our discretion a replacement printer may be supplied in place of the On-Site engineer visit. Likewise if a printer cannot be repaired on-site by our engineer a replacement unit will be provided.
Any hardware failure or damage caused by the user will not be covered under the warranty and a standard call out charge of £115 + vat will be made in this instance.
The on-site warranty is only available to mainland UK and Northern Ireland, warranty may be available in other areas but customer must contact us first to check availability. (In areas not covered by the on-site service customers can return an item to us for repair)
The service does not cover replacement or damage to consumable items such as toners, and paper feed rollers. Such consumable items can be replaced by the engineer but may be chargeable. Cost for replacement items will be advised prior to installation. Fuser units are also classed as a consumable item as there is a set maintenance cycle for most HP printers which would involve replacing the fuser unit, however as long as the fuser is still within the set page count limit we give the same 6 month limited warranty as our refurbished units. please see below for further details of the warranty.
All of our JetDirect cards come with our full 24 month replacement warranty and 100 percent guarantee of satisfaction. If in the unlikely event you are unhappy with any of our JetDirect cards or external print servers, they can be returned at your expense for a refund within 7 days of purchase. A restocking charge of £15 will be made to cover original postage, packaging and handling costs.
Refurbished Maintenance Kits and Fusers come with a 6 month unit replacement warranty. This warranty covers any fuser which displays an Error 50 code or other hardware failure but does not cover damage to the fuser film. However, if you return the damaged fuser to us we will be happy to replace any damaged or shredded fuser film at a fixed cost of £20 + vat. Fuser units must be within the set page life as set by HP and a configuration age may be required to confirm page count prior to replacement. Customer is responsible for cost of returning fuser.
Original HP Maintenance Kits and Fuser units are subject to HP's manufacturer warranty and any faults should be reported directly to HP on 0845 161 0030. Currently the warranty offered by HP is for 12 months.
8. Where you would like to return a physical product you have purchased, please contact us to let us know that you will be returning the item. To obtain a refund for a non-physical product (like a service) please contact us for further information about how this can be done.
9. Once your return is received and inspected we'll contact you to let you know whether your refund will be processed or not, and credit your original method of payment, within a certain amount of days.
10. If you haven't received a refund yet where we have told you we have issued one, please check your bank account or card statement to make sure it hasn't been received and then contact your bank as some banks or card companies take a number of days to credit your account.
11. If an item you purchased was purchased with a discount voucher, then we will only refund the amount that you paid (and not the amount the item was listed for).
12. If an item you purchased was in a sale then it may not be eligible for a refund if you have changed your mind. If you are in any doubt please contact us before making the purchase.